If you’ve built a great career in commercial construction, it’s likely you already know Job Knowledge is Power. It gives you the opportunity to be informed of what’s next, what’s ahead and your earning potential and increased responsibilities with your next career decision. But most job changes, whether they come as the result of internal promotion or the desire to move to a new firm, require a well rounded consideration of what’s is most important to you.
One of the major missteps professionals can make is to take a role that does not take advantage of your past experience. This is a hinderance to most careers in construction and, any industry, really – because hiring mangers are unable to see a consistent path of professional intent. By moving from a Construction Project Engineer to a Project Management Professional, you’ll show your commitment to the career path and your firm will likely reward you for your longevity of vision. If you current firm is not able to provide you with the opportunity to step up, you may want to consider relocating or moving to another firm with more upward mobility.
Here are a few examples of high-value, exciting project engineer career roles with firms across the country to provide you with Job Knowledge insights.
- SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – Los Angeles, CA salary: $78,000 – $93,000, “Best Place to Work” builder.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER – Los Angeles, CAsalary: $75,000 – $90,000, Cutting edge GC with a cool office with fun people.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER – San Jose, CA salary: $145,000 – $195,000, Established firm for an extraordinary career opportunity.
- SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – San Francisco, CA salary: $90,000 – $110,000, Fun, fast, creative GC working for some of the hottest companies in the world.
- PROJECT ENGINEER – San Diego, CA salary: $85,000 – $95,000, Design-Build GC offering unbelievable lifelong career opportunities.
- CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – Chicago, IL salary: $75,000 – $95,000, Developer/builder with opportunity deal lifecycle responsiblity.
- SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – CONSTRUCTION – Chicago, IL salary: $85,000 – $93,000, Great opportunity with one of the country’s most respected GC’s.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER – Seattle, WA salary: $75,000 – $88,000, Dynamic GC encourages fun, team work and wants you to have a full life.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER – Portland, OR salary: $70,000 – $95,000, If you’ve got drive and initiative, this opportunity will take you there.
- CONSTRUCTION SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – Denver, CO salary: $72,000 – $92,000, Experience all that Colorado has to offer, while doing a job you’ll love.
- SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER – Dallas, TX salary: $65,000 – $85,000, Cool firm that builds once in a lifetime, sometimes insane, construction projects.
- PROJECT ENGINEER – Dallas, TX salary: $75,000 – $95,000, Fast growing GC with strong relationships in the community looking for a fun culture fit professional.
- CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ENGINEER – Austin, TX salary: $65,000 – $85,000, Top pedigree GC’s where you can leverage your experience and grow.
If you’d like to learn more about any of these project engineer roles, please feel free to contact one of our commercial construction focused recruiters. If you would like to subscribe to our Job Knowledge Is Power news, enter your preferred email address here for next time. Stay informed, stay empowered!